This research is compliant with the policies established by the College of Arts Research Ethics Committee for investigation involving human subjects, materials or data not in the public domain. Ethical considerations identified by these policies include the following:
- the intellectual property rights of all those involved in the research, including both research staff and research subjects
- confidentiality of information provided by research subjects, and anonymity of respondents
- transparency to both staff and subjects as to the purpose, methods, and possible uses of the research, and any risks involved
- legal restrictions upon access to or the use of research resources and data
- arrangements for the publication of research results, including issues of co-authorship; independence and impartiality of judgement; authentication of findings; and acknowledgement.
All the partners of this investigation are informed of the details of these policies and requested to manifest their approval filling in a Consent Form.
The DEDICATE seminar has been a splendid opportunity to discuss the curation and management of Built Environment related data as both a cult...
The Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data model has reached past March the level of an international published standard, ISO 16739:2013, bu...
Proprietary data formats, undisclosed specifications, partial standardisation, lack of adequate open formats, and the fast obsolescence of h...
Having settled that the variation among competing terms describing the activity of managing digital products is due to more than confusion o...
DEDICATE at the Glasgow School of Art Graduate Show
'HWFG' is an installation on exhibit from the 14th to 28th September at the Lighthouse, Glasgow City Centre. This sculptural structure is the result of a Digital Fabrication experiment I conducted together with the GSA MRes student Gaetano Chianese. Don't miss it!
DPC - Preserving Computer Aided Design event in London
On the 26th July, at One Birdcage Walk - London, I will present at the DPC event "Preserving Computer AIded Design" on the Emerging trends in Architecture that are influencing Digital Preservation of CAD files.
Glasgow Digital Humanities Network
DEDICATE is now part of the DH Network of the University of Glasgow and it will be presented at the DH Day on 10th of June.
College of Arts Industry Day 2013
DEDICATE will be presented as case study for the 'Digital' section of the College of Arts Industry Day 2013 on next 31st of May.
"Digital Curation in Architecture Curricula and vocational training for Architects - The DEDICATE Framework in Architectural CAD Courses Design" is the full-paper we will present at the DigCurV 2013 that will take place in Florence, Italy, on 6th and 7th of May.